Monday 17 December 2012

Ooooof......that was quick!!!!

Hello folks, it's been a while, well, at least that's what the dates say.  My last blog post was apparently in August 2011!!!!!!!! I think there may be a mistake as that is well over a year ago, it can't possibly be that long ago.  Wait, let me give this some thought.........that blog was about Doncaster Pride, Tammy was pregnant, I was at university, the boys at school...................Bugger!!!!!! That was ages ago!!!

OK, so are we agreed that this year has been a quick one?  And yet so much has happened!  For those of you that don't have Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (all three of you) I shall briefly update you.  In 2011 we were a family of four, no more though, we now have a Peggy!  Our beautiful daughter who ha scarily just celebrated her first birthday.  She has, without a doubt changed our lives for the better.  The boys, I am sure, are nicer people, at least I appear to enjoy them more.  They adore their little sister and she, in turn, adores them, it's like Little House On The bleeding Prairy in our house, all the sibling love thats flying around!!!  On top of that, I am no longer a student, however, sadly I am not yet a Social Worker either.  The job market is not what you would call target rich in terms of jobs for newly qualified social workers.  I have been working as a project worker for an alcohol service and been loving it.  That is also about to come to an end due to a lack of funding, this makes me sad and, more importantly, skint!!!!!!  Selling my body would be a solution................... if I could sell it by the pound!!!!  Rohan has left school, signed up to the British Army and is due to go for selection in January, which in turn means he will be leaving home, this is something I shall not dwell so please, dont mention it again or my keyboard will short out due to inevitable moisture!!!!  My 'little blonde bombshell' Aiden is now the tallest in the house and is studying for his GCSE's!!  I tell you, how can so much change in such a short period of time.  We no longer resemble the family we were back then.  However, I for one feel the transformation is a positive one, I like who we have become so much so I am going to take a minute to puff my chest out with pride.

My good lady wife keeps getting all emotional when she thinks about our youngest, Peggy, turning one and growing before our eyes.  It makes her cry and feel a sense of loss.  I don't get it, it makes me all excited about the person she is becoming and the childhood we are about to enjoy with her.  Perhaps I have the benefit of looking back at the boys childhood and remembering it with such nostalgic fondness.  I am thrilled that I am going to get to do that all again.  I am even excited at the thought of writing a blog a years time, looking back on the changes we have endured then!  So, if I don't see you before, I shall see you next year (which of course will feel like about two weeks)!  Happy Christmas, New Year, Easter, Birthday and Halloween!!!!!

Please note my lack of expectation in terms of blogging again in the next 12 months!  Ever the realist!

No comments:

Post a Comment